The Ministry of Defense of the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic reported shelling from grenade launchers and air defense systems and strikes from drones, as a result of which there were dead and wounded< source srcset="https://s0.rbk.ru/v6_top_pics/resized/1200xH/media/img/4/56/756595348188564.webp 1200w" type="image/webp" media="(min-resolution: 192dpi) " >webp” type=”image/webp”>

Nagorno-Karabakh, archive photo

President of the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Arayik Harutyunyan announced a partial mobilization, according to the website of the head of the republic.

“President of the Republic of Artsakh (the Armenian name of Karabakh.— RBC) Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree , according to which, from August 3, 2022, partial military mobilization has been announced in the republic,— the message says.

Two servicemen were killed in a drone strike on the line of contact in Nagorno-Karabakh, the Republic’s Ministry of Defense said on Facebook earlier Wednesday (the social network is owned by Meta, which is recognized as extremist and banned in Russia).

“At about 15:00 in the north – in the western section of the line of contact, Azerbaijani units used attack drones, — the department said in a statement. Another eight soldiers were injured.

Earlier on August 3, the military of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic reported the use of grenade launchers and anti-aircraft missile systems by Azerbaijan, as a result of which seven servicemen were injured. “Measures are being taken to stabilize the situation with the Russian military group carrying out a peacekeeping mission,” — noted in the Ministry of Defense.

Later, they clarified that as a result of the attacks, two contract servicemen were killed and 14 were injured.

The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan, in turn, reported on Telegram that on Wednesday morning “members of illegal Armenian armed groups” on the territory of Azerbaijan, where Russian peacekeepers are stationed, they fired at the positions of the Azerbaijani army in the direction of the Lachin region. As a result, a conscript soldier was mortally wounded.

Read on RBC Pro Pro Where is it profitable and safe for Russians to buy overseas property Articles Pro I have low blood pressure. Is this normal or should I call an ambulance? Instructions Pro Take 15 billion rubles. and return nothing: top 5 personal bankruptcies in Russia Case studies Pro Companies change software at extreme speeds. What Mistakes They Make Instructions Pro Most sellers have raised prices on marketplaces. What are their mistakes? What's the catch Articles Pro How to find out how many anti-crisis employees in your company Instructions

The day before, the Russian Defense Ministry stated that the Russian peacekeeping mission recorded three violations of the ceasefire by the armed forces of Azerbaijan, as a result of which a serviceman of Nagorno-Karabakh was injured.

The conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh escalated in the fall of 2020 and led to an armed confrontation. In November of the same year, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Russia signed a trilateral ceasefire agreement. According to the agreement, part of the territories passed to Azerbaijan, and Russia sent peacekeepers to the region. Several more agreements were signed in 2021.

In 2022, Yerevan and Baku stepped up negotiations to resolve the conflict. The parties met several times in Brussels, which acts as a mediator in the settlement. At the last meeting, in May, Armenia and Azerbaijan agreed to start the work of a commission on the issue of border demarcation.

Nevertheless, the countries continue to accuse each other of shelling and undermining efforts to resolve the conflict.

Authors Tags RBC Comfort

Newsletter with news that

affects the quality of your life

Источник rbc.ru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.